It was nearly two months ago when the Nexus devices got themselves an Android Marshmallow operating system. LG has been quick in delivering the updates to their phones. And once again, LG has done it. Let’s see where this update is available and what does it contain!
Where You Can Get It?
Here is a list of devices and countries where the update is available. However, please do not consider this list as official or final.
- LGH815 PRT PORTUGAL PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 POL POLAND PL Poland Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ROM ROMANIA RO Romania Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 DEU GERMANY DE Germany Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 EAP AMAZON ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ESP SPAIN ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815TR TUR TURKEY TR Turkey Mid. East/Africa 2015-11-26
- LGH815 VDS VODAFONE ES Spain Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 TWN TWN TW Taiwan China 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDF VODAFONE GB United Kingdom Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VIP VIP HR Croatia Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDH VODAFONE HU Hungary Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDP VODAFONE PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 SWC SWISSCOM CH Switzerland Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDR VODAFONE RO Romania Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VD2 VODAFONE DE Germany Europe 2015-11-25
According to LG’s official statement on their website, a battery optimization as been added to extend the lifetime of the battery. The optimization will be done automatically, yet you can personalize and exclude certain apps from this optimization.
The app permissions function different now than before. After installing an app, a pop-up will appear and ask you for an app permission. Of course, the permission can be later changed in the Settings.
With the new Android Marshmallow, you now have the option to directly share whatever you like in a instant, in a way the the operating system filters frequently used apps and recently contacted people.
For more information about the update, check out LG’s official release on their website!